Rev Cheong Yew Kwong
May 27, 2018
The Way of the Lord Jesus
Adam taught his descendants the way of the Lord. Before the Law of Moses, the way of the Lord had been passed down from generation after generation by the head of the household who taught both their children and household.
In the Garden of Eden Jesus sacrificed an animal, shed its blood as an offering to God, and with the skin Jesus covered Adam and Eve. Abel brought the firstborn of the flock and the abundance to offer to God because Jesus taught Adam this and while Adam was still alive Abel watched and did the same as Adam, by offering his first born and abundance to God.
When the Lord Jesus came to Abraham in the form of a Man with two angels, Jesus asked whether He should hide anything from Abraham. Jesus gave five reasons for not hiding the things that He was about to do in Sodom from Abraham.
The five reasons were:
1. Abraham was fulfilling the Plan and Purpose of God.
2. Abraham was to be a blessing to all the nations of the earth.
3. The Lord was about to allow something to happen that concerned Abraham.
4. Abraham would teach his children and his household to keep the way of the Lord by doing what was right and just.
5. Abraham kept the way of the Lord by doing what was right and just.